The Simplest Guide to a Stress-Free GMB Setup
How to setup your GMB page The Right Way
There are many things that you can do to boost your online presence, and setting up your Google My Business page is one of the best—and easiest! Learn How to setup your GMB page the easy way.
If you have not already done so, this is a good time to consider taking the time to list your company with Google My Business. Here are some tips and tricks that will help to make your GMB page shine!
What is GMB?
According to its creators, Google My Business is “a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.” When you decide to list and verify your business information with GMB, it enables you to communicate more efficiently with potential and future customers.
GMB is free and easy to set up, and it integrates with Google’s search and Google Maps. GMB provides a platform for you to tell the story of your business as well as connect with your customers using reviews.
It also lets you manage your information, upload pictures and other content, and provides insights into how your customers are interacting with your business.
Before You Start
Before you head over to GMB, make sure that you have everything you’ll need beforehand.
This includes an accurate business name, address, and phone number in a previously-agreed-upon format (i.e. using “Street” vs. “St.” when writing your address).
These need to be consistent with what is already available information online.
This is a good time to check in with your other sites to be sure that everything is consistent with your other social media outlets.
Get some pictures together.
Have at least one photo to represent your business in the profile picture, and others that represent your business.
All pictures should be high resolution, clear, bright shots that describe your business in a positive light! Once you have everything you need, it’s time to begin your set up.
How To Setup Your GMB Page – The Quick Set Up Guide:
- You can head over to google.com/business to get started.
- Verify – verifying your business with GMB is a two-step process; the first step being a text message and the second a postcard. This postcard may take between 3 and 5 days to be sent.
- N.A.P. – Getting your Name, Address, and Phone number inputted correctly is absolutely critical! Double check to make certain that there are no embarrassing typos, and that your business name matches what is on your website and other places online. Don’t forget to include a link to your website and an accurate phone number!
- Category – You will be asked to choose what categories your business falls under. Choose the one that best suits you—two at maximum.
- Business Hours – Include your business hours, and make certain that they’re accurate and consistent with other online listings. There is also a place for you to list special holiday hours—use it!
- Introduction – Your business introduction should be short, sweet, and to the point. Include a short history, list your services, and be sure to mention why you’re better than your competitors. This content should be unique and proofreading is essential!
- Pictures – Use only clear, hi-rez, photographs that depict your business in a flattering light! Be sure to include pictures of your busy employees and other interesting things (if before and after pictures are relevant, post as many as possible).
- Ask for Reviews – Now that you’ve got an online presence, don’t forget to use it! Begin asking your satisfied customers for reviews after every job. Good reviews will bring in more customers! Get More Reviews To Increase Your Rankings
Now that your Google My Business page has been successfully set up, you can enjoy the rewards of your effort!
Don’t forget that GMB is not “set it and forget it” but should be maintained, added to, and interacted with on a daily basis.
Responding to reviews, posting new content and pictures, and remaining responsive to customers and potential customers alike are the best ways to stay high-profile and relevant in this fast-paced online world.
Refer to this how to setup your GMB page guide whenever you need to. Good luck!